Hi Buddies 🙂
Advance Happy Pongal ! How have you been doing ? Its been long time since I wrote sorry for my laziness. Bare with me I will try to put in more efforts. To catch up we will start with a simplest DIY project I made recently. Its actually not a big project just a tiny piece made to beautify by peep out window 🙂 I have this attraction towards growing plants and I like to spend time with them but due to space constraint I hardly grow any plants except for the money plant (Ivy) I have been growing in water kept in pet bottle since I didn’t have any pretty shaped glass bottles to accommodate my plants. I have this tiny money plant on my peep out window in my bedroom. But slowly the water forms algae in them,even if I change the water often I still face this problem. Sometimes it feels so gross and I thought of covering it up with something. Thats the story behind this cute DIY craft.
I always love to make something out burlap cloth or burlap thread. Because burlap gives a rustic look and feel I like the texture and finish of things made with them. It looks more natural also, Since this is related to nature plants and all I thought of using the left over burlap thread I had. So this is how I made it
- Empty Cookie carton (or any carton)
- Burlap thread
- Craft Glue
My Method :
- My plan was to use carton to cover up the ugly pet bottle with a cookie carton. Like I can place the bottle inside this carton and decorate the carton with some nice things and cover up the gross that was the actual plan
- This burlap turned out to be the nice decoration I chose 😛
- So first clean the cookie carton then take a craft knife and scratch the shiny cover so that it sticks well to the burlap
- Then slowly apply craft glue and stick the burlap thread wind it without space around the carton
- Thats it we are done !
- Now the pretty rustic natural planter ready. I inserted the ugly algae pet bottle inside this planter and covered it up 🙂