Craft punches are the amazing tool for any crafter. Initially I was skeptic but eventually I got fascinated to buy a couple of them and I love it. It makes the work so much easier and Such pretty outcomes so many more possibilities of crafts name it anything craft punches can add a fascinating touch to the craft. I got one flower punch and a heart shaped punch they were a bit costlier but I had to admit, the way they come in handy for my last minute crafts or handmade gifts and greeting cards its amazing to see how a few craft punches can make my greeting cards look beautiful and gracefully pretty. Now I am hell-bent to buy few more of them. So here is one of my initial experiments with the new craft punches. I was so excited to use them and the instant immediate craft that comes to my mind was bookmarks. I love reading books always and so I am obsessed with making bookmarks as well. Whenever I feel like having a mini-craft-break which is nothing but make a tiny two minutes craft to relax my mind and take it off from any stress. Yup and most of my mini-crafts would be either greeting cards or bookmarks those are the quicker crafts and handy gifts too
I have tried many different bookmarks water colour painted ones , stencil cuttings , pattern based and many more of them so this time I wanted to try making bookmarks using my new found craft tool the “CRAFT PUNCHES”. I love them. Lets look at the bookmarks I made with them help of them
- Craft Punches
- Card stocks (Even scraps will do we just need them for bookmarks so anything you find)
- I have taken three different colours of card stocks golden,purple and maroon colour
- Craft Glue
- Ordinary whole punch
- Satin Ribbon (or anything of that sort hanging from your bookmark)
My Method :
- Almost all the supplies we will have handy except for the craft punch if you still haven’t got one ( Go grab one for yourself you will never regret it )
- I had three different colours of card stocks golden purple and maroon
- I mixed two pairs of them to make the bookmarks (purple-gold and maroon-gold)
- First I punched out Floral punches from the golden card stock and used the negative spaces above the purple and maroon card stocks and the contrast turned out pretty
- One side of the book mark was empty so added a thin strip of the colour card stock that lay underneath this negative space of the golden bookmarks
- One combination of Golden pair of bookmarks were ready.
- Next I thought of using the cut of punches of flowers and hearts so I took them and pasted on the center of the colour cardstocks purple and maroon
- Thats it beautiful combination of four colourful bookmarks ready
- This is an optional step I added a regular hole punch on the top of the bookmark and added a tiny hanging thread with beads 🙂 and it turned out more girly and pretty !
How did you like my craft punch bookmarks ? What all crafts have you tried with the craft punches ?