Hello friends : This is my first post and so I have planned to give you a simple and beautiful DIY craft. Even kids can try this craft. Its so simple yet would make a pretty piece of art 🙂 . Its called sand art. Not those sand arts made on the beach. This is made on a piece of paper with a hand full of fine sand. Really believe me its that simple. Ok I will show you how to make one for yourself.
Things you will need to make a sand art on paper
- Black chart
- Fine sand
- Craft glue
- A card board
My method :
- First step is to chose a your design. It can be anything a floral pattern or anything you wish. You can even draw your own doodle.
- But keep in mind not to chose thin line drawings.
- Once the design is chosen. Draw it on a black chart.
- If you are good enough you can do free hand sketching
- In case you have difficulty in drawing you can trace it. how ? don’t worry will tell you 🙂
- Take a print out of the design you wanted to make as sand art.
- Place a white carbon below the design printout and then black chart below the carbon.
- Now Trace on the design paper. Simple isn’t it ?
- Ok now the design is ready on the black chart.
- Next step is to fill the design by sticking fine sand on it
- Spread craft glue on the Design part by part.
- Apply glue on a small portion of the design sprinkle ample fine sand on it before the glue gets dry.
- Let it dry for sometime( say 5 mins ). Then turn it upside down and remove the excess sand.
- Wipe of excess sand sticking other than on the design portion.
- Continue the same procedure part by part until you complete the design.
- Keep a tissue paper to wipe out the excess sand around the design.
- To add details lines designs inside use a tooth pick and draw on the sand while its wet and remove the excess sand
- Make sure outer edges of the design are crisp and clean.
- Once the design is completely dry. You can add one more layer of sand in the same way. (optional).
- If you are satisfied with one layer and doesn’t want to smudge or disturb the design better leave it with only one layer.
- Stick the black chart on a card board and frame it.
- Thats it ! Sand art ready 🙂
Do you like it ? Then I want you to try it ! Do your designs and tell me how you liked it. Its time for you to make your own piece of art 🙂
Happy Crafting 🙂