I feel greeting cards are the best way to convey your wishes to your loved ones who are away. To make a greeting all by yourself is wonderful feeling. It makes you feel good when you gift someone your hand made greeting. You might even feel proud about your creation 🙂 So I wanted you all to make a greeting card and present to your loved ones for the next occasion. Don’t worry I will show you I made this simple card. You should make one and send it through post. It will definitely delight the one who receives it ! Ok now off to the tutorial.
Things you will need :
- Card Stock (any colour of your choice)
- Water colour paint
- Paint Brush
- Rhine stones /Kundan
- Craft Glue
My Method :
- Take a thick cardstock or chart paper of any colour of your choice.
- Fold it into two halves
- Front side of the card goes for the decoration
- Inside is for your personal message or wishes
- I wanted the card to be neat and simple so I chose a very simple painting design to decorate the front side.
- First draw the rough sketch of the design on the cardstock with pencil. Mine is a simple floral pattern. You can use any design of your choice
- Once a rough sketch is ready start painting on the design with water colour.
- Let it dry and add more layers If you want a thick colour.
- After completing the painting work. Stick some khundan/ RhineStones on it for added attraction.
- I wrote the happy new year also in pencil and then painted it with a thin brush.
- There are so many other options you can use to decorate your card like glitters, colour papers, craft punches etc.
- I wanted it to be simple so I just used paint and khundan stones.
- This an all time greeting card. You can make this for any occasion. 🙂