Any desk would require a desk organiser be it an office desk or home desk or study table or home office anywhere a desk will contain a desk organiser if not a simple pen holder. Most of us would gift a desk organiser to our friends and cousins for their first job. It would be the best gift and functional as well anyone who goes to a new job would need that. Its a fact everyone of us need a desk organiser either for our office or for the study table or the craft table or whatever place a desk is never complete without a desk organiser or Just a pen stand will also do. Anyway we all need the desk organiser why don’t we go a step ahead and make one ourselves ?
How about a beautiful customised desk organiser with your favourite colour and design on it ? Will it not be amazing ? You can even make one and gift your buddy, everytime he looks at the gift it reminds of you 🙂
So todays project is to make a simple and cute personalised custom made Desk Organiser. A Pen holder along with a tiny extra socket for holding the its and bits like eraser sharpener gem clip etc.
Supplies Required :
- Empty cookie box
- Craft Glue
- Handmade paper (colours/texture of your choice)
- Craft Cutter
My Method :
- I took a empty cookie box and cut it into two halves not equal halves. 3/4 and 1/4 is the size of the two partitions
- The taller partition is for holding the pens (3/4th piece)
- The shorter/ smaller part is for holding tiny its and bits (1/4th piece)
- Take a rectangular board and cover it with the handmade paper this will form the base of the desk organiser
- Cover the two parts of the cookie box with handmade paper and decorate it
- Place them both side by side and stick them together
- I also stuck two small pieces of cardboard at the bottom of the two box pieces for sturdy base
- Now these two pieces were stuck on the center of the already covered cardboard base
- Almost done Final touch ups and decorations are yet to be done
- I made this desk organiser as a gift for my cousin brother – my best buddy for his office desk.
- If I had made this for a girl I might ave decorated it in pink little floral and some glittery additions might have been there
- Since its for my brother I wanted it to be simple and neat a bit boyish yet personalised and professional look for the office desk.
- So many requirements in mind it was tough to choose a decorative design for it.
- Finally I decided to put a monogram and my favourite photo of him on it
- I carved out a beautiful Monogram design from the same handmade paper and stuck it on the Pen holder
- Then I took a tiny print of my favourite photo of him and pasted it on the itsy-bitsy compartment
- Then I added a few designs around the photo to highlight it as well as to fill in the empty space around the photo
- Thats it Amazing handmade DIY desk orgniser ready !
- Make one for yourself and a few for your friends and gift them to them.