One boring sunday and a bunch of newspaper probed me to make something out of them. I always love to make recycle craft. And so I ended up making paper dahlias with the newspaper. Paper Dahlias are beautiful wall decor and very easy to make. Though they can be made with colour papers I preferred making them with newspapers. Since I like recycling. Newspaper flowers give a rustic look. Ok Lets see how I made them
Supplies Required :
- Craft Glue
- Chart Sheet
- Kundan stones (optional)
My Method :
- Take a circular piece of chart this forms the base of the flower.
- Next step is to prepare petals for the flower.
- Cut a bunch of square pieces of news paper approximately 5x5cm size
- Stick two adjacent sides of the square piece forming conical shape
- Make ample number of these paper cones
- Stick the cones on the base circular chart as shown in the picture
- Continue sticking until you cover the circular chart piece completely.
- That’s it pretty paper dahlias ready
- I stuck the flower on the door and it looked amazing
- You can even try making them using color papers or orgami sheets
- Such an easy and amazing wall decor
- I made one more variation of it. Instead of filling it completely I stuck a small sheet in the middle and made a few quilling design on it and stuck kundan stones for decorating
- This one I stuck on my cupboard.
- Which one did you like most ?