We have heard a million ideas for recycling our old T shirts. There are plenty of them mostly making rugs, making yarns out of them and braiding them is one of the famous idea. Making bags out of t shirts is also a nice idea. Here I am adding my Idea to the list as well. I used one of my old T-shirt into a Monitor cover for the LCD monitor of my PC 🙂 That was so simple to make no need of sewing skills and it fitted perfectly well. Now thats a purposeful recycling craft as I always liked. So shall we start
Thats my PC and the monitor cover I stitched 🙂
Supplies you will need:
- Old Tshirt
- Sewing Machine
- I had this 15″ LCD monitor and I wanted a cover for my PC and I recycled my Old T shirt to make one
- First step is measure your monitor height and the length of T shirt from the Arm hole joint to the bottom of the T shirt.
- My t shirt length and my monitor length matched so I drew a straight line on the T shirt right below the arm holes and cut it.
- That leaves a tube kind of a piece
- Now reverse the T shirt and stitch along the cut by attaching the two pieces and closing the opening.
- Once the opening is closed Cover is ready.
- In case the sides are very loose you can put stitches on the sides to fit it to the monitor.If it is smaller T shirts will generally expand and that will not be a problem
- My T shirt size matched for my monitor so mine didn’t need any side stitches.
- Reverse the T shirt and cover your monitor. Wasn’t it easy and quick ? Try one yourself
- In the front you might do any design work or if your T shirt already had any quotes or designs It may look pretty on your monitor.
- I left mine plain because one reason is I was lazy another is I liked it that way
- May be after sometime I might paint something on it. I will share it with you if I made.
Thats it pretty T shirt Monitor cover ready. Now dig and find your old T shirts and stitch your own covers for anything you want with minimum sewing skills
Happy Crafting 🙂