Long since I wanted a coin purse to keep the change. So I decided to stitch one myself. I wanted it to be colourful and attractive. The idea struck to make it in the shape of any colourful fruit. I chose strawberry and it came out so well. Its handy pretty and Purposeful.I liked it very much.Lets see how I made it. It requires minimum stitching skills.
Supplies you will need:
- 2 pieces of Red colour cloth
- A piece of green colour cloth
- Thick lining material
- Supplies for stitching
My Method :
- Cut two pieces of Square red cloth of size approximately 8cm x 8cm and two pieces of lining cloth with same size
- Align both and fold in the centre
- Mark a triangular outline on it as shown in the picture and cut it along with the lining material. Open the triangles
- Join the Lining material along with the pieces and put a stitch on all sides
- Cut the Green cloth around two inch width and length same as the longest side of the Red piece
- Fold the green cloth along the length and attach on the sides of the red cloth on the lining side as shown in the picture
- Now two sides of the purse ready the green part is used to insert the draw string.
- Insert the string on the green loop and stitch above the string to keep it in place
- Stitch the two red pieces inside out on the three sides. the green cloth side will be the opening.
- Reverse the pouch You ll get a triangular shape pouch
- I made some small polka dots on the red piece with white fabric paint for the strawberry effect
- Let it dry .
- Thats it purse ready. Put in your coins and close the drawstring the pouch it takes the shape of a strawberry 🙂
Pretty Strawberry drawstring coin purse 🙂 Make one yourself and brag the one in kind of purse you made to your friends.