I had these cookie boxes at home and wanted to make something reusable with them. A pen stand is a regular Idea. I wanted to make something different and purposeful. Then this idea struck me. I wanted to make a spectacle stand for my mom and dad. They keep misplacing their glasses and I wanted to make a pecs holder for them so I used these boxes to make one.I had two compartments for both of them. Let me tell you how I made it
- Empty cookie box
- Cardboard piece
- Packing Foam
- Old CD
- Gift wrapper/Magazine Pages
My Method :
- Cut the top of the box leaving the required height ( atleast an inch less than t he specs height) of the box
- Cut a small cardboard piece of the same height for partitioning the box into two halves
- Stick it inside the box at the middle.
- Cover the insides of the box and partition with packing foam or any soft foam sheets to prevent scratches on the glasses
- Stick cardboards around the box to make it sturdy and thicker.
- Now cover the outside with gift wrapper or any pretty paper of your choice I used a Magazine Page
- Then decorate it as your wish. I left it simple the Magazine paper had a few details
- Stick an old CD as a base for this stand.
- Thats it simple and a quick DIY specs stand ready !
- Mine holds two specs simultaneously so my parents use them to keep both of their glasses
- No more misplacing of glasses. Chose a place where you want to keep it.